Re: MILW rib side double door ID help

Denny Anspach <danspach@...>

Ambroid produced this very car as an HO kit at one time. I have only once seen these Ambroid models built up, and they were gorgeous- a tribute to the fine modeler (who lurks on this list) who like the ancient alchemist, successfully and quite realistically and neatly turned wood into steel!

BevBel apparently at one time also produced a 40' ribside kit in wood (by Quality Craft?). I have a finished one (not by me) on the layout, and aside from incorrect decals (correct for a SS USRA car), it too is visually very credible when coupled in line with Sunshine, Fifth Avenue, and Varney rib sides.

Denny

--
Denny S. Anspach, MD
Sacramento, California