Re: Station & Reweigh Symbols

Richard Hendrickson

Gart Groff writes:

I noticed that the reweigh station list included "CH" and "YC" as
symbols for the Sacramento Northern. I don't doubt that Richard
Hendrickson is correct about "CH", though I have never seen this on any
photos or cars I examined myself. The Chico shops closed in April 1951,
with all work shifted to the WP Jeffrey Shops in Sacramento ("SAC" under
WP), though reweighing might have continued at Chico for some time. If
Richard would care to comment on the source and date of his information,
I would be most interested.
Almost all of the entries in the reweigh station symbol list are based on
photographic evidence, so there's a photo somewhere that shows "CH." It
may not be in my collection, but I'll look for it and let you know what I
find (or don't find).

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520