Re: Perishables in Chicago

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Jerry Stewart wrote:
I might add that Santa Fe was not known as
a particularly fast railroad in Chicago, or for having
very fast freight schedules to the West coast from Chicago
in the 1930's and 40's. This can be seen in a recent issue
of the Santa Fe modelers "Warbonnet" featuring the fast
freight schedules and services, if you would like to call
it that. Santa Fe was running most of the railroad with
old 2-8-2's and it shows in the timings over the road.
Omigawd! And here our friend Richard has been brainwashing us that Uncle John was ALWAYS a fast freight road!! Will wonders never cease?

Publishers of books on railroad history