Re: upgraded models was New Walthers USRA 55 ton hopper

Brian Carlson

Yeah, I think we discussed these when they were first announced. Now as to a pleasant surprise has anyone else seen the retooled Athearn 85' TOFC flat (Blt 1959) so they fit (barely). I was impressed by the metals wheelsets and freestanding grabirons on these cars. I was not impressed with the low $20's price tag, even with the two trailers included.

Brian Carlson

centga@... wrote:
Under the heading of "Why oh why?"

Why oh why can't someone do a "Kadee Quality" model instead of these copies? Todd Horton