From: Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>
Date: 2005/01/26 Wed PM 06:32:17 EST
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] New Walthers USRA 55 ton hopper

On Jan 26, 2005, at 2:02 PM, Tim O'Connor wrote:

Under the heading of "Why oh why?"

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-971

Doesn't appear to be any better looking, and probably not
even as good as, the Accurail model:

http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/112-2497
Apparently "Empire Builder" is no longer just a train. I can't want
see what other manufacturers they try to deep six. Predatory for
no
good reason. In the not too distant future, we'll all be buying from
WalMart, er, Horizon, and Costco, I mean Walthers. Well, at least
the
trucks appear to be something slightly different, even though
they are
wrong for USRA hoppers.

Regards,
Ted Culotta