From: raildata@... [mailto:raildata@...]
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2005 2:52 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] ICC Library Holdings at Denver

I just talked with Kenton Forrest, the Archivist at the Co RR Museum, and
here is the "straight skinny" on the ICC Records.

They are in the ahnds of the University of Denver. The university took them
with some promise that they were to get funding for a building to house
them.
No funding was provided and is probably never going to happen. There were
about
5 containers full of records and they now have been in a DU warehouse for 8
years.

Ever since the records were shipped to Denver Kenton and the Museum
officiers
been trying to at least get a look at what is in the roecords. We have
offered to assist in cataloging, sorting, inventorying, etc. with no
success. DU
just stonewalls any attempt for access or assistance. The RR Museum has
even
offered to store the records or add them to our very well equipped library
and
archival storage.

So it is at a stalemate and to date we have never met anyone in the Denver
area who has any idea what is there.

BTW. The Co RR Museum has one ORER for each year, with about 4 missing. they

are now hard bound. They are open to visitors and the Library will copy
pages
for 20 cents a sheet plus postage. Library can be reached at 800-365-6263
Tuesday through Saturday 11:30 to 4.

Chuck Yungkurth
Boulder CO