Re: Comments on B&M X-29 box cars in RMC ad

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...>

On Jan 27, 2005, at 2:21 AM, Tim Gilbert wrote:

The #71000's, both single sheathed and steel came equipped with doors
which have been referred to as "Reversed Creco" doors, but, to avoid
sensitivity will be called herein as "as built" doors.
Tim:

I don't look at this as a sensitivity issue. It's just plain fact. I don't care if people say they look LIKE what a a reversed (note the 'd' at the end) Creco door would look like. However, Creco never came within a thousand miles of these doors so to call them reverse Creco is just plain erroneous. This is a situation where we can try to nip a misnomer while it is in its infancy, not trying to start correcting people when I am in my 70s. Let's use the term that the ARA/AAR used to refer to proprietary builder's hardware, fixtures and components which was "Carbuilders' " That works for me.

Regards,
Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
100 14th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94402