From: "mcindoefalls" <mcindoefalls@...>
To: <STMFC@...>
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 9:25 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Uses for Reefers (was Re: Wabash to the B&O at Decatur)

URTX reefers, cleaned after bringing produce to the city, were sent back
west with loads of candy. Model a wholesale grocer and spot a load of
candy.
Then send the car on to a produce terminal for its trip back east.
Was this sort of an lcl deal, with several candy makers' products combined
on one car for a
consignee, or were they solid loads of one manufacturer's products? Or a
little of both?
What candy makers were located in Chicago? (Baby Ruth comes to mind.)

Walt Lankenau

Yahoo! Groups Links