Re: PFE R-30-9

Brian Carlson

Thanks Richard I happen to have a few of these laying around.

Does anyone want 6 pair of Red Caboose T-Section trucks? Make me an offer.

Brian J Carlson

Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@...> wrote:
I'm working on one of the Red Caboose kits for these cars in the
1950's paint scheme. The kit comes with T-section trucks. I realize
these trucks are not appropriate for my 1957 era layout. What would
be the most typical truck applied to the R-30-9's in the late
1950's. If it would help I could post the actual car numbers.

Brian J Carlson
Brian, in all of the photos I have of R-30-9s after the T-section trucks
were replaced, the trucks that replaced them were AAR with spring planks
and Barber lateral motion bolsters. No one makes that truck in HO scale
but the closest thing to it is Accurail's mis-named "Bettendorf" truck.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520

http://mail.yahoo.com