Re: GBW Reefers (WAS: Branchline Blueprint reefer paint)

Richard Hendrickson

Phil Buchwald writes:

....I have a couple of these reefers, painted
in the Green Bay & Western scheme. The ones for URTX/MILW and NWX
have a letter "A" or "B" on the box to tell you which of the
optional ice hatch hardware parts to use. There is no such letter on
the GBW boxes, and the instruction sheets are the same as on the
standard cars (the GBW was a limited run, so the instruction sheet
is understandable). The only photos I have of these cars are from
low angle....
Could anyone give me a hint as to which latches to use on the GBW
cars?
The photos I have show these cars to be identical to the NWX cars, hatch
covers included. That's not surprising, since WRX was a subsidiary of NWX;
though the corporate offices were in Green Bay, the Treasurer was located
at the same address as the NWX corporate offices in Chicago. Follow the
money, as the old saying goes.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520