Re: San Francisco Bay Area PM Meet?

Richard Hendrickson

On Feb 8, 2005, at 12:28 AM, Anthony Thompson wrote:

Jeff Aley writes:
We share the same concern. The photos from last year include some
very finely done modern diesels, and little else. I was hoping some
of the locals (e.g. Mssrs. Thompson and Culotta) could offer some
endorsement of this event. Otherwise, I'll wait for the Sunshine meet in
Pleasanton.
I've been in contact with Rob about a clinic, but have let him
know that most of my information and interests are pre-1960. Whether he
has contacted Ted or not, I don't know.
I haven't heard a thing.

Regards,
Ted Culotta
None of this sounds encouraging. I got an e-mail back from Rob the general
tenor of which is "if you steam era guys want to show up with some models,
feel free" (with the unspoken message being "but it ain't your show"). I
wish it were otherwise, as I'll be out of the country in March and will
miss Winterail and Martin's Pleasanton meeting, but at this point it sounds
like the April meeting is one I wouldn't bother driving across town for,
never mind making an 800+ mile round trip. Unfortunately, this kind of
clannish behavior on the part of the modern era prototype modelers isn't
new, though it's certainly tiresome. And I just got an announcement of a
similar meeting in the Pacific Northwest in June which sounds as if has the
same kind of narrow focus on modern era modeling. If there's anything
prototype model railroading doesn't need at this point, it's this kind of
factionalism.

Richard H. Hendrickson
Ashland, Oregon 97520