Re: other PS-1 Boxcars, incl. P&WV and PRR

Gatwood, Elden <Elden.Gatwood@...>

Folks;

While we're on the subject, do any of you know the detail differences
between the Kadee offerings and the P&WV PS-1's? I understand the end
panels on the roof were flat, but I have never seen a photo of same. I
also understand there were other detail differences with the early
PS-1's? Maybe sill tabs? Given the existence of Jack Consoli's super
P&WV decal set, I really would like to do that car.

I also understand that P&WV did their change to black paint in 1958.
Did that also involve a change in lettering to include the "symbol of
service" logo, or did that occur earlier? Have these guys been covered
in print anywhere?

Also, does anyone know if Kadee plans to issue a PS-1 with the early
cushioned underframe arrangement that was present on the PRR PS-1's?
Were they that uncommon that this would make a bad business decision, or
is there another reason Kadee has opted not to do that car?

Thanks for your input!

Elden Gatwood