From: Beckert, Shawn<mailto:shawn.beckert@...>
To: STMFC@...<mailto:STMFC@...>
Sent: Thursday, February 10, 2005 2:09 PM
Subject: [STMFC] Re: Rock Island "Anniversary" Boxcars

Al Hentsch wrote:

>Hi first post for me.I have seen Rock Island 100 years of progress with the year 1952 on the RI >when they were new in Joliet Ill and I do remember the logo had 1952 in it.There was about 25 of >them pulled by a steam switcher.One has to be incorrect or did the RI have the same logo with >two different dates?Thanks

While the anniversary herald says "1952", the built date of
the car is 11-51, so Rock Island obviously was anticipating
their big event and having new orders of cars painted thus.
Kadee rarely, if ever, makes mistakes with their paint jobs,
so I tend to trust the built-dates on these models.

Shawn Beckert

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor