SP 50-ft. welded cars [Was: What Front range and CB&T kits . . .]

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Bill McCoy wrote:
I take it this is the welded 50' DD you are talking about so I'll
earmark my welded FR 50' car to be an SP. Is it a B50-35 or 36 or
37?
None of those. There were NO welded 50-ton SP box cars, AFAIK, and even the early 70-ton cars were riveted also. Shaving rivets off models isn't hard, but gluing them on is another matter <g>.
Whether the FR welded 50-ft. car can serve as one of SP's later 70-ton cars, I don't know, but someone on the list may know.

Publishers of books on railroad history