War Emergency Hopper

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

I have managed to acquire a couple of P2K War Emergency hoppers. Sorry if I
missed out on some info...working Prototype Rails dimenished both my limited
brain power and my computer time. Has anyone taken the time to evaluate
these things? I notice that the real CB&Q version lasted for some time...at
least one still with wood sides as late as '71. I also notice that 398 of
the ATSF cars were still in service in '53. Richard, I believe you noted
that these cars received steel replacement sides in '58. Were the cars in
original condition until then?

Mike Brock