Re: H-34 color

Garrett W. Rea <Garrett.Rea@...>

--- In STMFC@..., Tim O'Connor <timboconnor@c...> wrote:

I refuse to believe that Greg Martin is incapable of using his
skills to shift the paint to a lighter shade. I have done this on
many cars. Indeed, it is necessary on most predecorated models
which have unfaded paint and must be lightened to give the
appearance of aging. I find that lightening grays is one of
the easiest things to do -- making black or blue lighter is
much more challenging.

Tim O.
What I did with my KD PRR H34 PS-2, for those that were at the
convention in Cincy who may of saw it, but if you did not, it is now
nice and faded light grey. I have had to do similar things to
similar cars in similar grey colors but in an era after this list.

Garrett Rea
Nashville, TN