Re: box/caboose car

Thomas M. Olsen <tmolsen@...>

Good morning Tony,

I think that you may find an article in an early MR sometime between
1955 and 1965 on this car. I remember seeing it and if I can find it, I
will let you know which issue. It may be in the Kalmbach magazine index.

Tom Olsen
Newark, Delaware, 19711-7479

Anthony Thompson wrote:

I hope this is on topic.I`m trying to find a pic of a Rock Island
transfer
caboose made from a wooden box car.It had like a picnic bench on the
top
for the crews to sit on (in the summer).The caboose/box car was used
around Joliet Ill in the 50`s.I cant find a RI site that has a photo
of
one.They were strange looking and the only RR I know of that did this.

The SP de Mexico did this too.

Publishers of books on railroad history

Yahoo! Groups Links