Re: Coming in June - Athearn 40' Ribside Boxcars

Brian Carlson

The last line of the flyer says "These were peviously offered by Roundhouse." so other than taking a 3.98 freight car, assembling it and upgrading the paint and lettering it's still the same car. Although I know I'll have to inspect 1 or 2 of these for the club layout as we have a few Athearn lovers as members.

brian Carlson

Ted Culotta <tculotta@...> wrote:

On Feb 16, 2005, at 4:18 PM, Beckert, Shawn wrote:

In light of the fact that Ribside Cars has brought out
an accurate version of this car (though with molded-on
details), one has to wonder what Athearn is thinking:

http://www.athearn.com/newsletter/0205mid/40horizbox_0205_mid.jpg

Shawn Beckert, did WP really own some of these?
Nothing new here. They must be the old MDC models.

Ted Culotta

Speedwitch Media
100 14th Avenue, San Mateo, CA 94402
info@...