Prototype for the old Walthers 40 plug door steel car and 40' SS cars?

oliver

Ok, I came across a few of these cars which I obviously picked up a
long time ago in a moment of madness;-).

Is there a prototype for either of these cars? The steel car (Walthers
#932-3223)looks like a old ARA design but with a big plug door, so it
was obviously a late 1950s modification? or?

The SS car is still listed on the website:
http://www.walthers.com/exec/productinfo/932-2121

Any thoughts on what these cars were/are supposed to represent? Pure
Walthers fantasy? I know, I know...why bother...but my curiosity just
got the better of me.

Thanks in advance
Stefan Lerché
Duncan BC Canada