Re: Older Westerfield kits

Westerfield <westerfield@...>

John is not quite right. We can't order the hobby shops to do anything. About 16 years ago we offered to replace every kit on every hobby shop shelf for free just to get rid of the old resin. We then sold those returned kits at $5.00 apiece locally with the understanding that there were no returns. We still get an occasional complaint from customers who purchased an old kit at a hobby shop but we explain that it's not our fault. We try to work with these modelers to make them whole at as little cost to them as possible - Al
He told me at the
time that ALL the kits with the earlier resin were
ordered off the shelves and no hobby shop in the US
was authorized to sell them.
John Golden
O'Fallon, IL