Re: old Westefield kits

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Ed Mines wrote:
If the dark gey resin was bad the original brown, aluminium filled
resin was worse. Besides being brittle it warped and was murder on
small drills.
Oh, yeah. But the "brittle" had its compensations. I once dropped a completed kit from that early material and it fractured into a whole bunch of pieces. Disaster! But no, I examined it and every break was very clean. I just patiently used CA to put it all back together, and with a little more weathering you would never know today.

Publishers of books on railroad history