Re: Pacific Electric B-50-13/14 SS cars with outside brake rigging

oliver

Brilliant! That was just what I needed...a pretty simple construction
actually isn't it?
Thanks Tom

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "pullmanboss" <tgmadden@w...> wrote:

I am looking for some underbody or close up views of the outside
brake
rigging used on PE SS boxcars to allow negotiation of tight curves.
I'm interested in how to model the brake staff connections etc...
thanks in advance
Stefan Lerché
Duncan BC Canada
Try these:

http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_1.jpg
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_2.jpg
http://home.att.net/~pullmanproject/PE_3.jpg

I took those at Perris CA in 1988. The bluish regions in PE_2 and
PE_3 are from dodging those areas to make the brake chain and
linkage more visible.

I'll leave those photos up for a day or two.

Tom Madden