Re: GS Steel condola's with rebuilt or built with steel sides

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Brian J Carlson wrote:

I was thinking of picking up a Red caboose GS gondola in either BM or MEC at
a local train show tomorrow. In looking at the all-time index for
references to the RC cars I found I don't have RMJ from March 2000.

Is the RC General Service Drop Bottom G-50-23 Gondola appropriate for the
BM or MEC (seems to be a UP/SP prototype) and for a 1957 layout. The
website lists new dates of 1937 for both cars.
The B&M and MEC gons had nine side panels vs. Red Caboose's (& SP's) eight side panels.

Tim Gilbert