Re: Side dump cars

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

A noted N&W hopper historian asks:

The question is, did they load cattle in *N&W* hopper cars?
I'm sure that I will forever learn to regret that fateful day back a few yrs
ago when I speculated that perhaps we should have a plastic N&W hopper. Many
visitors, looking at the layout for the first time...my carefully arranged
Big Boys and Challengers panting from concealed speakers, gleaming frshly
painted veranda turbine sitting on the departure track awaiting the arriving
4-12-2 chuffing its well known off beat exhaust, etc...turn to me and
remark, "Where's the N&W hopper"?

Mike Brock