Re: Troop Sleepers

Garth G. Groff <ggg9y@...>

Dick and friends,

While it might well be worth the trip to Alaska, and for more than just
troop sleepers, let me add that two of them from Alaska are in
California. They are in the collection of the Feather River Railroad
Society at Portola.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Dick Harley wrote:

For all of you looking for more Troop Sleepers to measure and photograph,
you should take a trip to Alaska. Besides having some of the most
awe-inspiring scenery I know, there must have been at least 50 troop
sleeper cars to be seen between Fairbanks and Anchorage on the Alaska RR
this past summer. There are many varieties, and they are used for all
kinds of things. If you want to see troop sleepers, go there. And the
ARR folks are very friendly too.

Regards,
Dick Harley