From: Tom Lawler
To: Steam Era Freight Cars Group
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2005 9:04 AM
Subject: [STMFC] CB&Q GS-1 and 2 train-line

Since no one had suggestions on where the train-line runs on the CB&Q
rebuilt GS-1 and 2 drop bottom gons maybe I should pose a more general
question.

In general, where would the train-line run on a drop bottom gon where the
doors open towards the sides of the car (hinged towards the center sill)? I
have looked at my two CBC's and found no detailed drawings of the bottoms of
the drop-bottom cars that show the train-line. My best guess would be that
the train-line ran inside the center sill. Anywhere else it seems like it
would interfere with the doors or door mechanisms.

Thank you for any assistance.

Tom

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor