decal removal chemical

birdbiz2003 <birdbiz2003@...>

A vendor at a model train show selling some of his collection told
me that som e hobby sshops have a chemical sold in small bottles that
can remove decals without harming paint. What is the name of this
chemical if it exists. I could use it to remove some 1970's lettering
on some otherwise perfect cars I have bought at various shows and
store sale tables ect. I have a Nickle Plate lettered 1932 AAR type
boxcar that the roadname was lettered using some excess letters from
a model ship kit from Revell. I could recognize the source easily.

Sincerely,

Justin Turpin