Re: IMWX/Des Plaines boxcars with Viking roofs

Bill Darnaby

You're kidding?? When I was last there a couple of months ago there were
still a bunch on the shelf. I will admit, I didn't look very carefully at the road names as I got the ones I wanted long ago.

Bill Darnaby

The IMWX/Des Plaines Hobbies boxcars with Viking roofs are scarce,
and getting pricey. Is it possible to make these cars myself out of
an Intermountain undec kit (while it is still available) along with
the Des Plaines Viking roof and the appropriate decals? (NKP, C&O,
Erie with the small herald... take your choice. The NKP would be
harder, as it had the NYC&St.L lettering, those decals are only
available from Westerfield, I think).
I checked the Intemountain site, the 1937 AAR box is available for
$10.94, the roofs are $4 from Des Plaines, the decals few bucks
more... The Erie went for $31 on ebay back in February! (The large
herald Erie is available from Des Plaines for $18.) I saw an NKP
version go for $14.51 back in June, shoulda bid on that! :-(

Dean Payne

Yahoo! Groups Links