From: "Beckert, Shawn" <shawn.beckert@...>
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 11:56:08 -0800
To: <STMFC@...>
Subject: [STMFC] Computerized Freightcar Inventory Database Programs

List,

At the Sunshine Models meet at Buena Park this weekend,
Ted Culotta did a presentation on "Computers in Modeling".
One of the subjects he touched on was using a computer
database program to make an inventory of the freightcars
in our collections, showing a variety of useful information.

The poor guy was harassed unmercifully when it became obvious
how many cars in his fleet were still in unbuilt condition,
though nobody else dared say their closet looked any different!

A question for the listmembers: Ted is solidly a Macintosh user;
are there any PC-based inventory programs out there that could
be used to construct a database of our freightcar fleets? I'd
like to know about the more "user-friendly" programs; I'm not
that concerned about cost at the moment.

Thanks,

Shawn Beckert