Re: Computerized Freightcar Inventory Database Programs

fuchst900

Andy, I would be interested is seeing what you are doing. I use Excel everyday at work and at home as well, for vehicle maint records. I am curious of how you are applying the program. Thanks, Steve Fuchs

Andy Miller <asmiller@...> wrote:I can add my name to the growing list of people who use Excel for their
rolling stock data base. I maintain three Excel spreadsheets; one for
freight cars, one for passenger cars and one for motive power.

The Freight Car data base has a separate "sheet" with the labeled bottom tab
for each type of freight car. A Summary sheet appear as the first tab and
has all the totals carried forward.

Since I belong to two clubs, I record which club each car is stored at, and
whether it is on loan to the club for op session or stored in my storage
space. I also record the total number of PRR cars for each type. Yes, I am
an SPF.

If anyone is interested I can forward you my inventory. Its probably too
big to belabor the whole group with.

regards,

Andy Miller