Re: Computerized Freightcar Inventory Database Programs

James F. Brewer <jfbrewer@...>

Shawn,

I use ProTrak, an operations program to generate switchlists, etc. for my model railroad. Of course, part of the set-up is the inventory of equipment. There are separate screens for freight cars, passenger cars, locomotives. You can sort by roadname, AAR class. In addition, there is an Inventory feature that allows you to enter specific kit information (mfg., part no., paint and decal info, etc.)

You can download a free demo version of the program at www.protrak.cc

I believe that you can enter your own freight car data in the demo program and save it. Might be all that you need. You can also "play" with the demo program for operations.

I have the lifetime version and it has been years since I looked at the older demo program (you couldn't add your freight cars in the older version). So I'm not really up on the demo, but you might find it helpful.

Best wishes.

Jim Brewer
Glenwood MD