Re: IMWX/Des Plaines boxcars with Viking roofs

Dean Payne <deanpayne@...>

Actually, their web site shows the Erie with the Large herald, which
is wrong for my late 30's time frame. They also show the Soo car
with the "50's style early block lettering". Nope, that won't do
either! The Erie (small herald), NKP or C&O are what I am looking
for. I don't think they are making any more, since the web site
hasn't changed in... a long time. Perhaps it doesn't reflect what is
available? No CE&I is listed (despite the rumor to the contrary on
this list...)
Dean Payne

--- In STMFC@..., "william darnaby" <WDarnaby@w...> wrote:
You're kidding?? When I was last there a couple of months ago
there were
still a bunch on the shelf. I will admit, I didn't look very
carefully at the road names as I got the ones I wanted long ago.

Bill Darnaby

The IMWX/Des Plaines Hobbies boxcars with Viking roofs are scarce,
and getting pricey. Is it possible to make these cars myself out
of
an Intermountain undec kit (while it is still available) along
with
the Des Plaines Viking roof and the appropriate decals?