Re: Computerized Freightcar Inventory Database Programs

vgnry <vgnry212@...>

--- In STMFC@..., "Beckert, Shawn" <shawn.beckert@d...> wrote:

Ted's out-of-state at the moment, but hopefully he'll be at
Winterail next
weekend and I can pick his brains a bit more on the software he's using.
Shawn, I have used RailBase from Albion Software for a number of years
to maintain a database of my freight car fleet. If you don't want to
build your own database with Access or Excel, take a look at it. It is
for model railroads or collectors. It runs on a PC platform, is
stable, and has good customer support. While it doesn't have every
single thing one might want, it has more data fields than I use. And
it has separate data files for cars, locos and cabooses.

Bill McClure
Richmond