Re: Computerized Freightcar Inventory Database Programs

mopacfirst

So what do you suppose the engine is that's behind all these car
management programs and waybill programs and whatnot that are advertised?
And, no, I don't mean engine in the model railroad sense.

I use Excel for all sorts of lists of stuff, and most of the time I don't
care how pretty it is, but I can make it so if I feel like it. I don't
think most of the stuff we do is complicated enough to take real advantage
of a relational database like Access, although I put stuff into Access
when I can't do it conveniently in Excel.

If it can be described in twenty columns (fields) or less and there's a
few thousand rows or less, I'd go with Excel. And, although I have slides
listed in Excel, I don't have my freight cars there yet.

Ron Merrick

the views of the company.