Re: Western Pacific Circular No. 167-E

Garth Groff <ggg9y@...>

Shawn,

I have a copy of the list as well, and yes, it is annoyingly undated. The SN Oakland line ended service in February 1957, and it is still listed here as an active station. Unless the listing is redundant, that puts an upper limit on the list.

It is an excellent resource.

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Beckert, Shawn wrote:

Fellow Listers,

I had a good time at Winterail this past weekend - but I
had an even better time at the CSRM Library in Sacramento.
One of the large documents that Ellen so kindly copied for
me is titled thusly:

THE WESTERN PACIFIC RAILROAD COMPANY
SACRAMENTO NORTHERN RAILWAY
TIDEWATER SOUTHERN RAILWAY COMPANY

CIRCULAR No. 167-E

Industries Located At Points Served
Team Track Facilities
Ramps And Platforms
Track Scales
Icing Stations
Interchange Points

This book is large - 170 pages plus maps - and lists EVERY
industry and rail connection served by the WP and its various
subsidiaries. Even more useful: it lists the industries located
on the tracks of other railroads (SP, ATSF, UP, CCT, etc.) that the WP-SN-TS had reciprocal switching agreements with.

Now, here's the catch, and why I need the help of the WP gurus
on the STMFC list: There is absolutely NO DATE on this publication.
Not anywhere, which is amazing (to me, anyway). The whole thing
was done on a typewriter, which probably means it predates the
computer era, though maybe not the diesel era (hard to tell). Are
any of the WP guys here familiar with this book, and can you give
ma a ballpark idea of when it was published?

Thanks ever so,

Shawn Beckert