Re: LNE 1923 ARA Box

Robert Daniels

Thanks Mark, I've actually been looking at that site
for a while. I just wish the photos were a little more
detailed. And some photos of the ends wouldn't have
hurt either. I don't think there's much chance of
going back in time to 1961 to retake the photos so for
now they are probably our best online resource.

Rob Daniels
New York, NY

--- Mark Heiden <mark_heiden@...> wrote:

Hi Rob,

There is an LNE website that has some photos that
may be of use to
you:

http://www.gingerb.com/L&NE_Freight_Equipment_1961.htm

Mark Heiden

--- In STMFC@..., Rob Daniels
<shalizadad@y...> wrote:
Hi Group,

I'm looking for any or all of the following
information regarding the appliances used on LNE
1923
ARA boxcars following AB upgrades:

1) What type of brake housing (I believe it was
power
brakes, but not sure what kind)
2) What type of cut lever (carmer, upper or lower
bar)
3) Was the three-lever system like the one on the
PRR
X29 retained, or was it converted to the more
conventional two-lever AB arrangement?
4) What type of trucks was used?

Thanks!

Rob Daniels