Re: Suggestions for decaling a spare IM USRA Composite gon?

oliver

Ben,

I guess the other question is, how realistic is it for my late 1940s
to mid 1950s era SP California layout to feature such a car? Would
Frisco gons have been seen off line much by this time? Or at anytime
for that matter?
regards
Stefan

Typical of the Frisco, they rebuilt their USRA composite gons in
five major
variations, including panel steel sides, panel steel sides with side
doors,
composite cars with discharge doors, composite cars with replacement
boards,
Dreadnaught ends, and steel lettering boards, and 10 experimental
car with
panel sides reusing the original side stakes. See the article for more
details.

Ben Hom