Re: Suggestions for decaling a spare IM USRA Composite gon?

Larry Kline

Stefan Laine wrote:
I guess the other question is, how realistic is it for my late 1940s to
mid 1950s era SP California layout to feature such a car? Would Frisco
gons have been seen off line much by this time? Or at anytime for that
matter.

There is a photo showing part of an as-built Frisco USRA composite gon
on p84 of the Polaritz P&LE 2-8-2 book. The location is Blacks Run on
the P&LE near Pittsburgh, PA. The photo is undated, but its main
subject is P&LE H-10-A 2-8-2 #198, which was taken off the books in
April, 1953. The Jan 53 ORER lists 385 of the 1000 Frisco USRA gons
(85000-85999) as _steel frame_. (I have an IM O scale kit to decal and
plan to make a Frisco gon)

Larry Kline
Pittsburgh, PA