From: Paul Hillman [mailto:chris_hillman@msn.com]

Sent: Sunday, 20 February 2005 4:18 AM

To: STMFC

Subject: Re: [STMFC] Carstens "Railroad Music" album

Tony, and all,

At first this may seem "off-topic" for this group,...but since you mention
"railroad music",...did you know that Merle Haggard, the famous
country-music singer, is a big railroad-fan, both model & prototype?

He has a railroad-music album, "My Love Affair with Trains", and another
one, which have original, new, railroad songs, which I've found quite
inspiring to listen to, when I'm building, and running, my steam-era freight
cars & trains.

The music is all original, as versus the standard, "Orange Blossom Special",
etc., and even has one song written by Dolly Parton, "My Love Affair with
Trains".

Listening to his steam-era music puts me in the mood and time-frame of
railroading which I'm (we) are trying to model, recapture and sustain.

Just a word of thought about another aspect of our steam-era sustaining
desires.

Paul Hillman