Scrawkers (Was: Cutting Brass Sheet)

Tom Gloger

--- Aidrian Bridgeman-Sutton <aidrian.bridgeman-sutton@...>
* A scrawker is a tool designed to cut a groove in the metal, see
for more info
A good tool, but a lot of work. I just use a sharpening stone on
the back of the #11 I am using, until the now-polished back meets
the sides at a sharp 90 degree angle. Never knew there was a name
for it, much less such an apt one. I never thought to try using
it on brass, but it should work. Thanks!

- Tom Gloger e-mail: mailto:tomgloger@...
web page:

Do You Yahoo!?
Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of
your unique holiday gifts! Buy at
or bid at

Join to automatically receive all group messages.