Re: Intermountain HO ATSF Stockcar Kits

Tim Gilbert <tgilbert@...>

Bruce Smith wrote:

On Apr 5, 2005, at 2:56 PM, Andy Carlson wrote:
"Our model features enough parts to build any of
these versions. Included with either body (K brake or
AB brake version)
When was the transition for K to AB brake for these cars? (ie. for
1944, which do I need?)
About five years ago, Jack Wyatt posted his survey of how many freight cars' brake systems had been converted from the older systems (e.g. "K," etc.) to the required "AB" systems just before WW II. IIRC, there were apparently only two roads which had seriously made inroads - the C&O and N&W. Given Jack's survey, I would assume that you would be more right than wrong to use the "K" system in 1943 unless the car had been built after 1932(?) when "AB" systems were required.

Tim Gilbert