Re: Santa Fe and PFE HO Undecorated Reefers

charles slater

Sorry that was ment for Andy only and not the list.

From: "charles slater" <atsfcondr42@hotmail.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [STMFC] Santa Fe and PFE HO Undecorated Reefers
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 10:29:46 -0700

Andy, I received the 6 undec Intermountain reefers I ordered from you today.
There is a problem with two of them, they have the wrong car body in the
kits. The body's have a double row of rivets on the side seams, they have a
fan molded on the left end of each side and they only have a 4 foot door
with PFE style door hinges. I think they must be the bodies for their
R-40-10 model.
Maybe you better check the rest of the Santa Fe kits before you send them
out. Tell me what you want me to do with these two kits, I guess just ship
them back to you.
Let me know.
Charlie Slater

From: Andy Carlson <midcentury@sbcglobal.net>
To: Steam Era <stmfc@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [STMFC] Santa Fe and PFE HO Undecorated Reefers
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:27:39 -0800 (PST)

I have recently received a shipment of INTERMOUNTAIN
RAILWAY CO's often hard to find HO ATSF Santa Fe
Undecorated Reefer Kits (Rr 32 and others). For the
"roll your own" enthusiasts among us I am offering
these for sale.

I also have remaining Pacific Fruit Express R-30-16
undecorated Reefer Kits, the Terry Wegmann/Red Caboose
collaboration.

The price for these are:

IM RR CO ATSF Undec ...........$10.00 ea
Wegmann/RC R-30-16 ...........$22.00 ea.

Shipping is $3.85 for up to 2 kits, add another $1.00
each additional kit (beyond 2). If interested, please
contact me off-list at < midcentury@sbcglobal.net >

Thanks,
-Andy Carlson
Ojai CA