From: Beckert, Shawn [mailto:shawn.beckert@disney.com]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 1:39 PM
To: 'STMFC@egroups.com'
Subject: [STMFC] Re: War Emergency Hoppers

Hello List,

I spent part of the weekend poring over Ed Hawkins'
article in RMJ concerning the War Emergency hoppers
as modeled recently by Life-Like. To my regret, most
of the photographs in the article don't give info as
to where they were taken.

I hate to ask a neophyte question, but how far would
these hoppers have traveled in interchange? I've just
assumed, judging by who owned these cars, that they
were in coal service, and therefore captive on home
rails. But I don't really know for sure, therefore the
question. Would these cars have traveled far from home?

Shawn Beckert