Re: Essential freight cars in RMC

Garth Groff <ggg9y@...>

Dean:

If you are asking for votes on needed cars, I would love to have a 10,000 gallon single-dome AC&F Type 4 tank car, the one with the high walkway (6,000 and 8,000 gallon sizes would be nice too). I wouldn't want to try this in resin; plastic is what we need. I built one using an old Walthers car with a shortened tank, but it is just a stand-in.

Of course, I'm still lobbying Martin for a General American 46' GS gondola (D&RGW and WP!).

Kind regards,

Garth G. Groff

Dean Payne wrote:

. . . Anybody want to cast votes for "most essential freight car not availble in styrene or resin?" I suppose that gets down to what you mean by "not available"; what you are willing to accept as a stand-in . . . .