From: Richard Hendrickson <rhendrickson@opendoor.com>
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] IM AT&SF stock car kits.
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:39:50 -0700

On Apr 26, 2005, at 11:13 AM, Jon Miller wrote:

I just got word that some of these kits may have been shipped with
the
wrong body. As I ordered K brake I might have gotten AB bodies. How
can I
tell or is it vary obvious. As you can probably tell my kits are
still in
transit!
Jon, AFAIK the bodies are all the same - at least, the pre-production
samples I got were all the same, and I've built models with both K and
AB brakes. The locations for the AB brake mountings are marked on the
inside of the floors but must be drilled out if you want the model with
AB brakes. For K brakes, you mount the cylinder/reservoir at the same
location where the AB cylinder goes and don't drill out the mounting
holes for the AB valve and separate reservoir.

Richard Hendrickson