Re: IM AT&SF stock car kits.

charles slater

That's correct the kits are as follows;
The K brake car (no toe holes and narrow grab) is the Sk-Q car, but with the wrong doors, and the three upper side boards are also wrong for any of the double deck cars. The best thing to do with that kit is make a Sk-R single deck car by changing the narrow grab iron to a wide one and using the other door.
The AB brake car, with two toe holes and a wide grab iron, is a class Sk-U car. You can also do the Sk-T class with this one by simply changing the wide grab iron to a narrow one. Here is the five car classes that can be done with these models.
1. Sk-Q double deck car, no toe holes in the ends, narrow end grab iron and vertical slat double doors, vertical shaft hand brake.
2. Sk-R single deck car, no toe holes in the ends, wide end grab iron, single door and vertical hand brake.
3. Sk-S double deck car, one toe hole and a small grab iron where the second toe hole would be, narrow end grab iron, horizontal slat double doors and Ajax hand brake.
4. Sk-T single deck car, two toe holes, narrow end grab iron, single door and an Ajax hand brake.
5. Sk-U single deck car, two toe holes, wide end grab iron, single door and an Ajax hand brake.
Hope this clears this up.
Charlie Slater

Reply-To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [STMFC] IM AT&SF stock car kits.
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 23:47:07 EDT

Well Charlie I think I am with you, but if so, I am not sure what, if any,
prototype car I can build with the kits I have in hand. I have three kits from
Andy that are suppose to be AB brake cars. However, as you describe, the ends
have no toe holes and the end grab is narrow. A trip through the Stock car
book with these spotting features and I come up Sk-Q ONLY-correct? If correct, I
had arrived at the same conclusion that there are no correct doors included in
the kit to do this car. So someone correct me here, with this combination
I(no one) can build a correct protype.
Paul Lyons
Laguna Niguel, CA

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.