Re: Digest Number 373

Ted Larson

By "just reporting marks" I meant no herald or any other large CGW ID;
ICC required info only. Ted

Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 18:35:47 -0500
From: "John Nehrich" <nehrij@
Subject: Re: Digest Number 357

Ted - Not necessarily. There are a lot of non-standard schemes I've
missed. A lot. Sometimes a scheme is found on just one car, and until
picture of that particular car is found, nobody knows about it.
MOW cars normally have no dimensional data, use of an "X" or someway to

let the trainmen know the car was not to be used for revenue service.
(I'm not sure when you say "just reporting marks" does that mean no
other lettering whatsoever, or just reporting marks and dimensional
data.) - John