Re: Union Pacific flat cars

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Bruce Smith wrote:
I don't know that all of those 40' 10" cars are identical, but that
sure seems to be the "major" UP fleet of WWII.
F-50-11. Scratchbuilding or resin sound like the only option... Have
these been done in brass?
Those 40' 10" cars are the Harrimans (or Harriman follow-ons) Richard mentioned. With straight side sills, they would not be too hard to scratch. I am not aware of any in brass, and as Richard said, the resin guys really doze off quickly when you say "flat car." Us Espee guys want 'em too.
BTW, Bruce, you now recognize that the "Ding" article was about quite a stand-in, no?

Publishers of books on railroad history