Re: Chicago & Western Indiana freight cars

Anthony Thompson <thompson@...>

Paul Hillman wrote:
Anyone know of any photos/info for C&WI freight cars? I grew up along
the C&WI tracks in Chicago and remember seeing about a 36ft wooden
gondola, with either drop-bottom floors, or hinged side-doors. I
measured it and made a drawing of it when I was about 14. Don't have
it anymore.
Sounds like it might be a Hart convertible gondola. You could check ORER entries for such cars, though most railroads did not list MOW equipment there.

Publishers of books on railroad history