Re: Chicago & Western Indiana freight cars

proto48er

--- In STMFC@yahoogroups.com, "behillman" <chris_hillman@m...> wrote:
Anyone know of any photos/info for C&WI freight cars? I grew up along
the C&WI tracks in Chicago and remember seeing about a 36ft wooden
gondola, with either drop-bottom floors, or hinged side-doors . . .
Paul - I think you can still SEE that car you wrote about!! I think it
is at the Illinois Railroad Museum in Union, Illinois. You might
contact them and ask. It has drop sides and drop floor "doors". I
remember photographing it there in the early 1980's. A.T. Kott